[MPlayer-users] Some problems with subtitles and other thing

Corey Hickey bugfood-ml at fatooh.org
Sun Nov 2 21:24:47 CET 2003

Nicolas wrote:

>> This is NOT an error. It tries mpeg _passthrough_ (!!!!!!!) first and
>> sees that you're not trying to play video on a hardware mpeg decoder
>> board, so then it falls back to libmpeg2. Very simple if you bother to
>> _read_ the messages!
>

> Thanks.
> Is it a way to tell mencoder than I have not hardware decoder ?
>
> Nicolas.

Yes.

$ mplayer -vc -mpegpes,

Now, that looks a little strange because "-mpegpes," is not an option
but rather the argument to "-vc", even though it begins with a "-". The
"-" means don't try mpegpes, and the "," means continue trying other
decoders.

What you really want to do is put the following in your mplayer config
file:

vc=-mpegpes,

-Corey