[MPlayer-users] ffmpeg=>mplayer using mov/mp4 file format?

Ari Huttunen hagrid at welho.com
Sun Nov 2 17:40:08 CET 2003

I had problems with audio sync with AVI files, and I also read in
mplayer documentation
that AVI file format sucks. So..

I tried to use MOV (and alternatively MP4) file format for encoding by
ffmpeg
and viewing by mplayer. The contents were MPEG4 and MP2 (VDR conversion).
This failed miserably: mplayer couldn't display the video and the sound
was all
crackling. (AVI format worked, sort of.) Quicktime on Windows also disliked
those MOV/MP4 files.

Is this a bad idea in the first place? I basically would want to use a
'good' file
format with VBR MPEG4 and VBR MP3.

Ari Huttunen