[MPlayer-users] does anyone use xv with a neomagic in a Toshiba?

Davros tashuu at newsguy.com
Sat May 31 14:55:12 CEST 2003

Hi,

Thanks for the info; gave scale a try.  The docs say that forcing scale
with vop uses the software scaler.  Indeed, when I looked at the output,
it said [vo] X11 - it wasn't using xv at all...

The patch speeds up framebuffer/vesa stuff, right, by 4?  I haven't
played with this much - my first tests without the patch yielded a
segfault, but I haven't messed with it much since...

Xv is my main goal.  Though I am using 4.2.0, I am using the drivers
which are linked to in the docs - there are drivers for 4.2.0.  Before
switching drivers, xvinfo showed "...no adapters...".  After, it showed
xv support.

mplayer uses xv - it says it does, and the video is smooth, just
cropped.  At first, I thought it was a funky mode issue or something
that was cropping the output, but after playing with geometry, screenh/w
and so on, and watching the clip in a window, it was clear that it
wasn't a clipping issue - the video is clipped before mplayer gets it.

This is confirmed by gnuboy, which can use hardware scaling if
available.  After installing the new driver, all of my gameboy games are
cropped as well (unless I omit the --scale option)...

Davros