[MPlayer-users] mplayer and divx4linux 5.0.5

Felix von Leitner felix-mplayer at fefe.de
Thu May 29 01:40:57 CEST 2003

In case nobody noticed, divx4linux-std-20030428.tar.gz is downloadable
from www.divx.com, and it's divx 5.0.5.  Unfortunately, they changed the
API so that ve_divx4 does not work.  Even worse, configure does not
detect divx support (but that is easily fixed).

I tried hacking around in mplayer but I'm not getting anywhere.
Is the original author of that code maybe listening and willing to
upgrade it?  I think we can also remove the xvid-as-divx compatibility
stuff, it might help clean up the code a little.

Felix