[MPlayer-users] mencoder with ffmpeg -vhook?

Geoffrey Espin espin at idiom.com
Sat May 24 00:03:30 CEST 2003

On Fri, May 23, 2003 at 03:14:30PM -0300, Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri wrote:
> First, use "drawtext" as your vhook, since it's faster.

I didn't know about this new vhook in ffmpeg/cvs.
Works & looks great... thanks!

> Then, since MPlayer uses libavcodec from ffmpeg, what you mean with
> mencoder works much better than ffmpeg?

Audio/video were going badly out of synch with ffmpeg, but mencoder
was still working fine.  Then this morning mencoder started
complaining about being out of buffer.  I rebooted, and both seem to
work fine.

Still, it looked like the subtitle and/or OSD stuff could
potentially be used like vhook/drawtext.  But I'm happy with ffmpeg
for now.

Thanks,
Geoff
--