[MPlayer-users] Re: proxy

Tomas Groth tomasgroth at hotmail.com
Wed May 21 00:02:26 CEST 2003

> > Is there a way to make mplayer use a proxy server
> > by default??
>
>I understand there is support for the usual http_proxy environment
>variable. Is there something wrong with just using it?

As I wrote in the first mail: when you connect to a file with the
http_proxy, and the file redirect you to another file, then mplayer does not
use the http_proxy. So you have to find out which address the first file
were redirecting you to, and then run mplayer once more with http_proxy and
the address of the second file...
So there is nothing wrong you could say, it is just _very_ annoying!!!

Tomas