[MPlayer-users] proxy

Tomas Groth tomasgroth at hotmail.com
Tue May 20 18:58:31 CEST 2003

Hi,

I have been using Mplayer for some time now, and I like it! But there is one
thing that I find annoying:
Proxy!
When I have to use proxy I write something like this:
mplayer http_proxy://proxy.server.net:8080/http://www.netradio.com/live.asx
But since the asx-file is a "pointer"/playlist mplayer then has to connect
to address inside the asx-file, and when it tryes it can't, because now it
is not using the proxy. Is there a way to make mplayer use a proxy server by
default??  If not then consider this a feature request.

regards,

Tomas