[MPlayer-users] Re: SIGILL with gcc-3.2/3.3

Anssi Saari as at sci.fi
Tue May 20 18:53:42 CEST 2003

On Mon, May 19, 2003 at 02:47:15PM +0200, Giuseppe Ciotta wrote:

> with 2.95 all goes fine, with 3.2/3.3 mplayer receives SIGILL in
> video_read_properties() (with both 0.90 and cvs)

> flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 mmx fxsr syscall mmxext 3dnowext 3dnow

I think I know your problem. SSE code gets executed (CVTSI2SS is an SSE
instruction), but your kernel isn't compiled to support SSE which is why
it's not listed on the flags line of /proc/cpuinfo. So you get illegal
instruction. I had the same thing after upgrading from Duron to Athlon XP.

I suppose recompiling your kernel is the best solution.

Anssi