[MPlayer-users] Broken AVI header

Corey Hickey bugfood-ml at fatooh.org
Sun May 18 00:01:24 CEST 2003

Michael Collard wrote:
> [Automatic answer: RTFM (read DOCS, FAQ), also read DOCS/bugreports.html]
> MPlayer 0.90
> Mandrake 9.1
> Audio: OSS, Video: xv
> A DVD rip using VBR(MP3lame) & libavcodec(DivX5) results in a file that
> plays out of sync by ~300ms. Doing a '-nobps' results in perfect
> playback.

Just to clarify, you're using -nobps with mplayer, and not mencoder,

> 2 Separate rips (2 DVDs) were done. Both files have this problem. I can
> upload a 20Mb clip if required. I didn't think to grab the output of
> mencoder, and since I've spent many hours trying to solve this. 

At the very least, tell us what command line(s) you use to rip the DVD.
The full mencoder output might be useful, too, so you might as well
paste that onto the message.


More information about the MPlayer-users mailing list