[MPlayer-users] ATI Radeon Mobility M6 performance

Stefan Seifert stefanseifert at gmx.net
Sat May 17 19:17:41 CEST 2003

> I have it in my Notebook, too. Its a 1.2 GHZ P3. For DVDs it uses usually
> 20-30% CPU for DVD playback with sdl or xv. Usually I use xv.
> For DivX its usually around 5%, mostly less ( often <1% ) for high
> bitrate/
> high motion its sometimes around 15%, rarely more.

Could you tell me which driver/version you are using? How did you complie
your mplayer (any special options or just normal?), how is your X configured?

> > For fullscreen playback I tried -vo xv or -vo gl. But xv is horrible
> slow,
> > much skipping and constant 100% CPU utilisation. gl is a bit better and
> does
> > at least not skip in scenes without much movement but it's still to much
> > enjoy a video.
>
> Gl is slow for me, too. It uses around 50%-80%

> Sorry I have no idea. Well my System is a gentoo and thus heavily
> optimized
> for the used hardware but that shoudn't get you into that much problems if
> you haven't.
> And I'm still using XFree86 4.2, but that shouldn't be that much of a
> problem neither. Is your Chip an (RM M6) LY chip, too?

yes it's a Radeon Mobility M6 LY rev 0

But let me think....maybe it IS XFree86 4.3. If I remember correctly it
workt before the update to SuSE 8.2 (with newer X)

Thanks,
Nine