[MPlayer-users] Having problems ripping a telecine dvd [León:the professional Director's cut]

Pere Castañer XaRz69 at terra.es
Wed May 7 17:11:55 CEST 2003

On Wed, 7 May 2003 16:38:05 +0300
Jukka Tastula <jukka.tastula at kotinet.com> wrote:

> Eh? First you tell mencoder to use aspect 16/9 and then wonder why it >doesn't show it in 2.35:1? FYI 16/9 = ~1.78:1, nowhere near 2.35:1. If >-aspect 2.35 really works you should tell mencoder -lavcopts >aspect=2.35, not this imaginary 16/9.

Dvd has 16/9 aspect ratio but the problem is that when I use calcbpp script (in TOOLS mplayer dir) the script tells me that the scale parameter will be 710x256 and this is a too narrow resolution (to much black bars and small width of avi)

The movie has a 720x480 resolution, so making aspect=16/9 in a lavcops option I don't need to think about the right scale resolution, isn't it?

> And do remember that you'll get things thrown at you if you expect >people without mplayer to get this played out right without getting >lots and lots of gray hair first.

Yes I know, thanks.

--
"The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories
that become legends. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long
forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. In one Age,
called Third Age by some, an Age yet to come,an Age long past,
wind rose in the Rhannon Hills. the wind was not the beginning.
There are neither beginnings nor endings to turning of the Wheel
of Time...But it was a beginning."
					  	   Robert Jordan
					  Wheel of Time(book 10)
					  Crossroads of twilight