[MPlayer-users] Problem streaming network video

jean jean hawkgreatelf1 at yahoo.fr
Wed May 7 14:16:11 CEST 2003

Hello,

Well even if I dont cut mplayer it doesn't go on but
know there is another problem ( I dont know how the
first one had been gone ) as you can see :

Using GNU internationalization
Original domain: messages
Original dirname: /usr/share/locale
Current domain: mplayer
Current dirname: /usr/share/locale

MPlayer 0.90rc5-3.2 (C) 2000-2003 Arpad Gereoffy (see
DOCS)

CPU: Intel Pentium III Katmai/Pentium III Xeon Tanner
(Family: 6, Stepping: 3)
Detected cache-line size is 32 bytes
CPUflags:  MMX: 1 MMX2: 1 3DNow: 0 3DNow2: 0 SSE: 1
SSE2: 0
Compiled for x86 CPU with extensions: MMX MMX2 SSE

Reading config file /usr/etc/mplayer/mplayer.conf: No
such file or directory
Reading config file /root/.mplayer/config
Reading /root/.mplayer/codecs.conf: can't open
'/root/.mplayer/codecs.conf': No such file or
directory
Reading /usr/etc/mplayer/codecs.conf: 50 audio & 136
video codecs
font: can't open file: /root/.mplayer/font/font.desc
font: can't open file:
/usr/share/mplayer/font/font.desc
Using Linux hardware RTC timing (1024Hz).
Can't open input config file /root/.mplayer/input.conf
: No such file or directory
Can't open input config file
/usr/etc/mplayer/input.conf : No such file or
directory
Falling back on default (hardcoded) input config

Playing rtp://239.1.2.3:1234
Connected to server: 239.1.2.3
Stream not seekable!
RTP packet sequence error!  Expected: 4890, received:
4893
RTP packet sequence error!  Expected: 4894, received:
4637
RTP packet sequence error!  Expected: 4638, received:
4883
RTP packet sequence error!  Expected: 4884, received:
4630
RTP packet sequence error!  Expected: 4631, received:
4666
RTP packet sequence error!  Expected: 4667, received:
4656
RTP packet sequence error!  Expected: 4657, received:
4893
RTP packet sequence error!  Expected: 4890, received:
4880
Stream not seekable!
RTP packet sequence error!  Expected: 4881, received:
4667
Falling back on trying to parse playlist
rtp://239.1.2.3:1234...
============ Sorry, this file format is not
recognized/supported =============
=== If this file is an AVI, ASF or MPEG stream, please
contact the author! ===

Exiting... (End of file)

Here what i dont understand is that the file is an avi
file and so it should be able to read it ???

Thanks for your help !!!