[MPlayer-users] Problem streaming network video

jean jean hawkgreatelf1 at yahoo.fr
Wed May 7 12:59:55 CEST 2003

Hi everybody,

I installed mplayer to read video from a multicast
network using the following command line :

mplayer rtp://239.1.2.3:1234

But I didn't manage to do it, just look at the errors
:

Using GNU internationalization
Original domain: messages
Original dirname: /usr/share/locale
Current domain: mplayer
Current dirname: /usr/share/locale

MPlayer 0.90rc5-3.2 (C) 2000-2003 Arpad Gereoffy (see
DOCS)

CPU: Intel Pentium III Katmai/Pentium III Xeon Tanner
(Family: 6, Stepping: 3)
Detected cache-line size is 32 bytes
CPUflags:  MMX: 1 MMX2: 1 3DNow: 0 3DNow2: 0 SSE: 1
SSE2: 0
Compiled for x86 CPU with extensions: MMX MMX2 SSE

Reading config file /usr/etc/mplayer/mplayer.conf: No
such file or directory
Reading config file /root/.mplayer/config
Reading /root/.mplayer/codecs.conf: can't open
'/root/.mplayer/codecs.conf': No such file or
directory
Reading /usr/etc/mplayer/codecs.conf: 50 audio & 136
video codecs
font: can't open file: /root/.mplayer/font/font.desc
font: can't open file:
/usr/share/mplayer/font/font.desc
Using Linux hardware RTC timing (1024Hz).
Can't open input config file /root/.mplayer/input.conf
: No such file or directory
Can't open input config file
/usr/etc/mplayer/input.conf : No such file or
directory
Falling back on default (hardcoded) input config

Playing rtp://239.1.2.3:1234
Connected to server: 239.1.2.3
Stream not seekable!

Well in fact I don't understand why it can't find the
stream because it is really brcadcasted onto the
network ( when I try to read the video frome my hard
drive there is no problem )

Thanks for your help