[MPlayer-users] a/v sync on DivX;-)

Stefan Lange hoirkman at gmx.de
Wed May 7 08:25:54 CEST 2003

Marco Nadal wrote:
> Some videos play fine, others get out of sync really badly in Linux. In
> MediaPlayer, on the other hand, those same videos have perfect
> synchronisation. Why is that?
> Doesn't the DivX;-) format have an audio sync signal, like PAL or DVD?

Without further info we can only guess, but there's two likely reasons:

1) your system isn't fast enough to play back the video
In that case add "-framedrop" to the commandline to tell mplayer to drop
  frames in order to maintain av-sync

2) you're using a buggy sound driver
Try adding "-autosync 30" and see if it makes any difference

regards
Stefan