[MPlayer-users] Bug Report: Mplayer crash using DGA2 with Sorenson Video and a GeForce 2

Jonathan Rogers jonner at teegra.net
Thu May 1 17:55:04 CEST 2003

Joe Rutledge wrote:
> This was built using the most recent Gentoo ebuild and thus I had no
> control over configure or the make process, hence no debug output,
> sorry. It's fine using all other valid video drivers for my system. I'm
> also using the most recent nvidia X driver and the most recent ALSA
> drivers. I am using the most recent version of xfree86 as well.
>
> The file in question is available online at
>
> http://www.spoiler.nl/electrifying/movies/electrifying.mov

The problem seems to be with DGA video. I also get a signal 11 with -vo dga:
-----------------------------snip-----------------------------
VO: [dga] 352x208 => 352x208 BGR 32-bit
vo_dga: DGA 2.0 available :-) Can switch resolution AND depth!
vo_dga: Selected hardware mode  400 x  300 @  75 Hz @ depth 24, bitspp 32.
vo_dga: Video parameters by codec: 352 x 208, depth 24, bitspp 32.
vo_dga: Framebuffer mapping failed!!!
FATAL: Cannot initialize video driver.
init_vo failed

MPlayer interrupted by signal 11 in module: decode_video
- MPlayer crashed by bad usage of CPU/FPU/RAM.
   Recompile MPlayer with --enable-debug and make a 'gdb' backtrace and
   disassembly. For details, see DOCS/bugreports.html#crash.b.
- MPlayer crashed. This shouldn't happen.
   It can be a bug in the MPlayer code _or_ in your drivers _or_ in your gcc
   version. If you think it's MPlayer's fault, please read
DOCS/bugreports.html
   and follow the instructions there. We can't and won't help unless you
provide
   this information when reporting a possible bug.
alsa-uninit: pcm closed

Try running mplayer with -vo xv or -vo x11 or even -vo aa. The best
option in general seems to be -vo xv, so use that if at all possible.

Jonathan Rogers