[MPlayer-users] libavcodec mpeg4 - blocky clip

Corey Hickey bugfood-ml at fatooh.org
Thu May 1 07:49:41 CEST 2003

Michael Waters wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 30, 2003 at 19:41 -0700, drwhat wrote:
>
>>have you tried something like
>>
>> -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vbitrate=1200:v4mv -vop pp=lb
>>									 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>>I had the same problem, till I added in those.....
>

> The source isn't interlaced... at least there are no visible horizontal
> line artifacts around movement.  I just tried pp=lb anyways and there's
> no difference that I can see. I think lavc is not coping well with the
> movement and changes in light in this particular clip.
>
> Michael

I'm interested in looking at your source material, but don't have read
access to mplayerhq ftp. Is there any way you can upload it to a public
server somewhere? If you're desperate, feel free to contact me off-list
and I'll set up a temporary account on my system that you can scp to. I
can't guarantee anything, but I haven't come across any material of
resolution similar to yours that I couldn't get great quality at
vbitrate=800, much less 1200.

Also, you can try posting to the ffmpeg-devel list: