[MPlayer-users] Seeking in DivX/XViD + dxr3

from.mplayerhq at skilnand.com from.mplayerhq at skilnand.com
Mon Mar 31 14:17:17 CEST 2003

Hello

I have a linuxbox with a Redhat 8.0, Xfree 4.2.0,
alsa9, dxr3 project.

The hardware is K7-700MHz / 512mb SDRAM/ 120gb HD /
Sigma Designs Hollywood Plus mpeg2 decoder card / SBLive.

I currently run Mplayer for movies. I configured it
with --enable-gui --enable-largefiles. Everything
works fine.

I just wondered if one is supposed to be able to
seek in other formats than mpeg & mpeg2 when using the
dxr3 driver/module. When playing Divx & Xvid, the seek
bar doesn't seem to work, but xine or a windows player
have no prob (only a delay) with seeking in same files.

M. Skilnand
"Linux user wannabe"