[MPlayer-users] missing file (pci_names.[c,h] in MPlayer-0.90rc5 source code?

Martin Collins martin at mkcollins.org
Sun Mar 30 00:37:25 CET 2003

On Sat, 29 Mar 2003 16:39:50 -0600 (CST)
Horst Severini <hs at nhn.ou.edu> wrote:

> But the funny thing is that if I type gmake again after that error
> that it can't find libdha/pci_names.c, and I think once more, since
> there was another error which I don't remember now, it does build,
> and I can install it and it does play specific files, both AVI
> (DIVX) and DVD (.vob), with "play file", but it can't just open and
> play a CD or DVD, since I get the following error when I try that:

You're using gmplayer? Does it work with mplayer?

> ---------
> DVD:
>
> Playing /dev/cdrom
> track 01:  adr=1  ctrl=4  format=2  00:02:00  mode: 1
> ioctl dif1: Invalid argument
> Cache fill:  0.00% (0 bytes)
>

> AVI(DIVX):
>
> Playing /dev/cdrom
> track 01:  adr=1  ctrl=4  format=2  00:02:00  mode: 1
> ioctl dif1: Invalid argument
> Cache fill: 16.18% (1357216 bytes)
> ---------
>
> What does that mean?

I don't really know but an ioctl is a system call so maybe your
kernel is too old.

> I also get that error when I run the rpm version which I installed
> on a RedHat 7.3 machine, which does have freetype-2.0.9, and all the
> other required libs, since as far as I can tell, the rpm was built
> on a 7.3 machine, right? So that shouldn't be related to either of
> the errors above, since I assume the rpm built without errors.

That would be consistent with a too old kernel.

> Oh, but the sound of the DVD file quits after a while with the error
>
> Too many video packets in the buffer: (4096 in 8283631 bytes).
>
> What buffer is that, and is there a way to get around that?

I'm afraid I don't know what to suggest except try it with mplayer -v
and send the entire output to the list. Hopefully there's someone that
uses the GUI, runs RedHat and has a DVD drive so can be more helpful.

Martin