[MPlayer-users] Need to build gcc-3.2.2-2.i386.rpm

Götz Waschk waschk at informatik.uni-rostock.de
Thu Mar 27 18:35:51 CET 2003

Am Donnerstag, 27. März 2003, 21:54:19 Uhr MET, schrieb thcuong:
> On RedHat 7.2, before building MPlayer, i need to build have gcc-3.22
> available. But I do not have the root to install (i'm a user with login
> via network).
> How can I do with gcc-3.2.2-2.i386.rpm
> <ftp://rpmfind.net/linux/rawhide/1.0/i386/RedHat/RPMS/gcc-3.2.2-2.i386.rpm>?
> Can I install it in my user directory?. How?
I don't think you can install it in you home directory from the binary
package. You should try to get the sources and install it in your
home. Follow the docs in the gcc tarball and use $HOME as prefix
option for the configure script. After the installation you will need
to add $HOME/lib to your LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable.
--
What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans and the
homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of