[MPlayer-users] Sp-dif

Corey Hickey bugfood-ml at fatooh.org
Sun Mar 23 22:54:20 CET 2003

Murat Deniz wrote:

> Hi There
> I do have an sp-dif thingy, does this mean that I can connect a 5+1
> speaker system to my laptop?

Well, sure, you can connect it. ...but whether it'll work or not depends
on how well your sound card/chipset is supported. Installing ALSA is a
good starting point, then search the mailing list archives for
information, etc. Mail back here if you have a specific question, and be
sure to include information about your sound hardware.

-Corey