[MPlayer-users] Small query

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Sat Mar 22 00:28:59 CET 2003

On Fri, Mar 21, 2003 at 11:15:31PM +0000, Matt Wright wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been using MPlayer for sometime now and with great success, however
> there is one small point that is bothering me. A while ago I noticed
> that when playing DVD's the A-V very easily loses sync. I investagted
> further and found that if mplayer is run as root (not suid, that doesn't
> work) then it doesn't lose sync.

RTFM about realtime clock (RTC) support. You probably need to
configure your system so that it's usable without root.

> I'm using 0.90pre8 with the XVIDIX vo (on a Radeon VE card) and OSS
> sound output (I think). It's running on a 1300Mhz Duron, 256MB RAM.
> Linux kernel 2.4.20 with Preemptive kernel patch.
>
> Any ideas??

Hmm, vidix requires root, so maybe MPlayer is falling back to x11 or
something when it doesn't have root.

If you want a real diagnosis you need to send a FULL copy of MPlayer's
output (with and without root) to this list.

Rich