[MPlayer-users] alsa 0.9.1- xscreensaver

Márton Gábor mgca2 at freemail.hu
Fri Mar 21 01:14:08 CET 2003

Hi !

With -ao alsa9 -stop_xscreensaver mplayer does not close my
sound device.
So after mplayer is closed, snd-pcm and snd-ens1370 kernel
modules are still in
use.
Then I can't use my sound device. But after then starting
mplayer again with the same params, it will sound.
It happens only with -ao alsa9, with -ao oss,sdl it works.
With kdescreensaver
it works.
I complied mplayer with gcc 2.95.3. and with gcc 3.2(redhat
8.0) too , it did not
help.I tried a newer xscreensaver(4.08) complied with gcc
3.2 , isnt working.
I tried with many files and the result was the same.
I've tested with rc4 rc5 and CVS.

My system preferences:
  Redhat Linux 8.0
  kernel 2.4.18-26.8.0 (athlon)
  Sound Blaster 128 ENS1370
  xscreensaver 4.05
  alsa 0.9.1  (configured with --with-card=ens1370)

Sorry for my english!
Thanks: gca