[MPlayer-users] Re: mplayer and cdda://

I.S.Kuten i.kuten at sam-solutions.net
Tue Mar 18 09:04:33 CET 2003

On Mon, 17 Mar 2003 17:13:10 +0100
Alban Bedel <albeu at free.fr> wrote:

> Hi I.S.Kuten,
>
> on Mon, 17 Mar 2003 17:06:50 +0200 you wrote:
>
> > [Automatic answer: RTFM (read DOCS, FAQ), also read
> > DOCS/bugreports.html]
> >
> > Hello.
> >
> > Can I use  "mplayer cdda://" to play audio cd's ?
> >
> > I have sound dropouts during playback .
> >
> > Mplayer rc4 version .
> Use the cache (smthg like -cache 5000 should help)
> 	Albeu

I have a perfect CD ,

so option -cache  removed all sound dropouts . Thanks .

I use mplayer in slave mode with my app  , so i can't use xmms.

But I found that when using cdda://   "seek" operation hangs mplayer .
I saw some discussion about this buggy behavior , but I don't know
is it fixed in rc5 ?