[MPlayer-users] MPlayer crashed in module decode_audio

Corey Hickey bugfood-ml at fatooh.org
Mon Mar 17 23:05:47 CET 2003

Bernd Ahlborn wrote:
> Hello,
>
> my MPlayer (0.90rc4) crashed after 3100 seconds of viewing
> a VideoCD with following message:
> MPlayer interrupted by signal 11 in module: decode_audio
> Used audio decoder:
> Opening audio decoder: [mp3lib]  MPEG layer-2, layer-3
> MP3lib: init layer2&3 finished, tables done
> AUDIO: 44100 Hz, 2 ch, 16 bit (0x10), ratio: 28000->176400 (224,0 kbit)
> Selected audio codec: [mp3] afm:mp3lib (mp3lib MPEG layer-2, layer-3)
>
> The documentation says that libmpeg2 catches sig 11 and makes
> a new syncronisation for the codec. As i saw in the sourcecode
> this works only for the videocodecs, not for the audiocodecs.
> Does anybody know, if their is another chance to avoid this
> crash ?
>
> Thanks
>

> Bernd

Does this always happen at that position in the file? Can you reproduce
it? If so, please read DOCS/bugreports.html and send a proper report,
which might include uploading a portion of your file.

Also: Never cut the output of mplayer unless you really really know what
you're doing. Many sections of the output are usually needed to diagnose
a problem.

Also 2: When you create a new topic on a mailing list, please don't use
the "reply" function of your mail client, as doing so screws up the
threaded message view lots (most?) of the people here use.

Good luck,
Corey