[MPlayer-users] Question about mplayer/mencoder

Corey Hickey bugfood-ml at fatooh.org
Mon Mar 17 18:09:01 CET 2003

Pigeon wrote:
> 	Hi all.
>
> 	I've been using mencoder to rip/encode dvds into avi/divx and mpg.
>
> 	I've been following the instruction in the encoding.html and everything seems to be going fine. Except, I realized that those avi can't be played properly under xine. It gives me a lot of green boxes on the screen.
>
> 	Also when I did the mpg encoder, the output mpg has no sound when I play in under mplayer, and the very same mpg file can't be played properly under xine.
>
> 	Is there any trick or something I've missed during the encoding? Cos what I'm worrying is files I've encoded can't be played properly on other players (players on windows for example). How can I make sure the output is friendly in general for all (most) movie players programs?
>
> 	Thanks.
>

> Pigeon.

We're going to need more information if anyone can help you. What
version are you using? What is the exact command line(s) you use to
mencode your files?

Also, it's good to manually insert line breaks (hit the enter key when
your lines get to about 80 characters) when posting mail to a mailing
list, if your mail program doesn't do it properly for you.

-Corey