[MPlayer-users] two questions and a feature request...

Paulo Dias pcd at ieg.com.br
Sun Mar 16 10:00:38 CET 2003

Hi/2 all...

First of all i would like to thank all developers for the great work put into
mplayer... it's one of my favorite players (my loyalty bounces forward and
back between xine and mplayer ;)).

That said i have three questions i couldn't work out by RTFM or the docs.

1 - i read all about subtitles, how to put them and such, but i couldn't work
out a way to put the subtitles of a divx in the black borders, i can display
them all along the movie boundaries, but not on the black borders.
I would like to mimick the aviplay method.

2 - Also to do with subtitles:) with txt subtitles (like subviewer ou subrip
or etc), the font scale can be chosen, type of font etc...BUT is there any
way to scale (read amplify) the subtitle font when i'm watching a dvd? i know
dvd subtitles are really bitmaps, but is there any clever way to do so, the
problem is that i'm a poor student without money to buy a decent dvd/tv so i
watch movies on my 17`` monitor, and dvd subtitles sometimes are too small to
read from my bed, so either i buy binoculars or i scale the fonts ;)

3 - less but not least i would like to ask the developers to add a box in
mplayer preferences that would enable the user to add costumized options not
found in the normal preferences.
That way i could add special vop filters options wihtout using the commmand
line (useful sometimes) since they would be enabled via preferences.

Thanks for your time and best regards...
PS. If any of my questions are indeed in the docs/faq/man, please just point
me out where... :) or better yet copay/paste it ;)