[MPlayer-users] [BUG] visual artifacts after seeking and A/V desync in animatrix episode 1 mov

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Sat Mar 15 20:13:25 CET 2003

Hello everybody!

I just downloaded and watched Animatrix episode 1 and 2.  Both now work
with latest CVS, but episode 1 has slight problems.  After seeking there
are very noticeable visual artifacts.  I'll try to describe it.  The old
picture stays on the screen and gets smeared by the objects in the new
image.  If there is a new image that completely updates the image the
smearing effect disappears.

Plus there is a few seconds of A/V desync.  This has been reported
before, but this patch was said to fix it:

http://www.ee.oulu.fi/~tuukkat/mplayer/MPlayer-0.90rc2.varfourcc.patch

It does not for me and it seems like Roberto Togni already included it
in CVS.  If another patch is needed, I would appreciate if someone could
post it again, thanks.

You can get the movie from here:

http://www.intothematrix.com/rl_cmp/animatrix_site_episode1.html

Here are direct links to the movies: