[MPlayer-users] new version of detc filter! (inverse telecine)

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sat Mar 15 16:12:55 CET 2003

Hi,

> DRFI>Overall, this code seems to be working much better on my test
> DRFI>material (still SE Lain). At this point I'm mostly happy with it,
>
> Hmm, when I play SEL encoded to svcd I see almost no interlace frames,
> but mplayer (in demuxer_mpg part) keeps on switching framerate
> ("detected telecined sequence...", after a while "detected progressive
> sequence...", and so many times), like it was without detc in recent
> mplayer. Isn't this behavior interfering with detc filter, I wonder?

it does, imho.
I think that detc filte should check the telecine flag (set by mpeg demuxer)
and disable itself while it's playing telecined frames.
i have some vobs with mixed parts, probably they've edited it (to add some
subtitles etc) and where it was touched it was converted to 30fps, teh rest
remain 24fps but the repeat-field flags set in header.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

    "However, many people beg for its inclusion in Debian. Why?" - Gabucino
  "Because having new software in Debian is good." - Josselin Mouette
"Because having good software in Debian is new." - Gabucino