[MPlayer-users] Encrypted DVD libcss

Konstantinos Blatzonis K.Blatzonis at gmxpro.net
Sat Mar 15 13:56:08 CET 2003

Hello to all mplayer-users!

There is an problem with encrypted DVD (or VOBs). I installed libdvdcss-0.0.1
how it was recomended in the DOCs for Old-Style Encryption DVD and recompield
after running configure script Mplayer (0.90rc4). Than I tried to play the
VOBs and I get the same errormessage, when you have not installed libcss.
"Encrypetd file[...]"
The option -csslib is not avaliable in mplayer when autodetect of libcss by
./configure failed. I editet the configure file and set option CSS to yes.
After that I recompiled and option -csslib was avaliable. I gave the full
path to it of libdvdcss.so but I get now the errormessage: Encrypted stream,
but you did not request authentication.

So what now. I found in the cd-dvd.html, you have to set enviroment
DVD_CSS_METHOD [key|title|...]. But what is ment by that? I tried with setenv
and every avaliable option, but I get ever the same errormessage.

Is libdvdcss.so not the same as libcss.so? Could changing the configure
script just fake libcss suppurt? Do I misunderstand anything?
I would be very thankfull if someone could help me on that. Maybe someone has
an step by step solution for this problem.

Thanks in advance

Kosta