[MPlayer-users] Re: RTFM didn't work (about getting movies to play then wait for input)

George Reynolds george at dodgybloke.co.uk
Thu Mar 13 01:46:31 CET 2003

Thanks for the shell scripts, they work great and with a bit of editing, work
with xine too. I still have the problem that
1)The bloke wants the last frame to freeze- I don't think this is possible
unless you capture the last frame and tell the script to show the appropriate
last frame i.e.
clip11 slows lastframe11
is this possible?

Is there any way of getting it to display the last frame as a sep command
i.e.
show clip11
show last frame of clip 11
wait for input
show clip 12
show last frame of clip12

it's also essential that you don't see the desktop, although I could rig this
to just be blank.

2)I can't find a blank avi

I am using powerpoint at the moment :@ which is so damn slow on processing the
avi files. it sucks BIG TIME. It basically makes the video unusable, as it
plays slower than it should, about 30% of the frames are dropped and it just
looks awful. The way powepoint works, it takes 3-4 seconds for the next clip
to load, missing the cue and making the video look unprofessional.

Any advice other than banging my head against a brick wall (or rather
windows). Haha no pun intended...