[MPlayer-users] Subject=MPlayer-users mencode and Archos Jukebox

Joonas Koivunen rzei at mbnet.fi
Wed Mar 12 23:39:52 CET 2003

On Wednesday 12 March 2003 23:42, Wes Armour wrote:
> I am trying to create a file that conforms to MPEG-4 simple profile, as this
> is all the archos can support.
i guess this means that ppl usually watch their mpeg4 alikes with computer :)
there are some standard compilance options for lavc.. check out the manual..
> I have read through the man/FAQ's &docs but I can not find a mention of
> this anywhere.  I think that the file has to be DivX, does .-ovc lavc
> -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4 output a standard DivX file?
standard divx file... never heard of one :)

> Under windows I use:

> variable bitrate mode = 1-pass
default for lavc if no vpass=int is given
> encoding bitrate = 800 kbps
default for lavc if no vbitrate is given (afaik)
> max keyframe interval = 300
keyframe interval afaik 250 per default
> max quantizer = 12
default 31
> min quantizer = 2
default 2
> RC averaging period, frames 2000
dunno
> RC reaction period, frames 10
dunno
> rate control up/down reaction 20
dunno

> Can anyone help!
RTHM (holy manual) lavcopts is documented perfectly.

> Thanks in advance,
>
> Wes.
>
> P.S. I have tried:
>
> mencoder -oac mp3lame -lameopts cbr:preset=128 -ovc lavc -lavcopts
> vcodec=mpeg4 -vop scale=352x288 berminster_1.avi -o wes_l.avi
i don't see why you want to use cbr audio... well, i guess that's your
decidision..