[MPlayer-users] No sound when encoding through my TV card

onizuka eikichi onizuka_h at yahoo.fr
Wed Mar 12 15:55:14 CET 2003

I am trying to encode a movie from my camera through
my TV card (bttv48) while having the sound through my
SB Live (/dev/dsp).

Thanks to the man mplayer I have easily managed to
encode the video with the following line (not sure
exactly) :

mencoder -tv:on:input=1:norm=PAL -voc .... -o
movie.avi

and it works perfectly.

Trying to have the sound, I wrote (following the man
page) :

mencoder -tv:on:input=1:norm=PAL:adevice=/dev/dsp -voc
.... -o movie.avi

but it didn't work. Since I think it is a topic of
interest for many people I know, could anyone tell me
what I have done wrong ?
Thank