[MPlayer-users] dvd ripping & avsync afterwards

Joonas Koivunen rzei at mbnet.fi
Tue Mar 11 18:28:20 CET 2003

hey,

i just noticed after encoding "About a boy" with original ac3 soundtrack and
dvd resolution (cropped, not prescaled please :) with mencoder
(0.90rc4-3.2.1) into two cds is that the audio/video sync is wrong, it is
less than 100ms but still _very_ (too) noticable.. then i noticed that avsync
was all the time corrected about 0.052 seconds, which is less than 100ms :))

so i applied -mc 0 and avsync is now perfect! i need to check my collection
for mencoder made mp3 soundtrack rips, but i don't recall having this problem
with those..

btw, if you doubt the quality of my dvd rip with full dvd resolution, you
shouldn't.. lavc is amazing and amazing, i don't need postprocessing in any
way to watch that movie, which is very nice don't you think? :)) quantizer
was ~3 but because of the high res., blockyness doesn't show up so easily (or
at all)..

-rzei