[MPlayer-users] TV out display with Matrox fb

Michael D. Spiceland mike at fuzzymonkey.org
Tue Mar 11 05:09:54 CET 2003

I have a Matrox G400 and just followed the fb instructions for getting
TV out (mplayer documentation).  To my delight, I did get it to work.
Unfortunately, with the -fs option (or screenh/w options) I cannot get
the TV out to occupy the entire screen.  I don't even mind if it cuts it
off as I'd rather it fill the entire screen.  Additionally, when I play
16:9 movies I'd like to "zoom" in and have it crop the image to fill as
much as the screen as possible.

Can anyone provide assistance with a better fbset / matroxset setup that
may allow me to do this?  I'm using NTSC.

[root at fuzzymonkey mike]# fbset

mode "640x480-60"
    # D: 25.176 MHz, H: 31.469 kHz, V: 59.942 Hz
    geometry 640 480 640 13100 8
    timings 39721 48 16 33 10 96 2
    hsync high
    accel true