[MPlayer-users] Mencoder seems to skip duplicate frames - switch?

Brett Kosinski brettk at interdynamix.com
Mon Mar 10 21:14:41 CET 2003

> Since my last message did not reach the list yet (at least I did not receive
> it), I am answering again to this. Some of the problems I mentioned in my
> last mail have gotten clear to me now.
>
> - The fact that no code change did affect the output was wrong - I messed it
> up and played the wrong file for testing #-(
> - Your change could not work in my change, because I use -ovc copy and thus
> the decode_video part you changed is in another case of the surrounding
> switch(mux->vcodec).

Yes, this was my mistake.  The fix I listed is really for another
problem... there is no way to stop *mplayer* for dropping duplicate
frames.  This is a problem if you're using, say, the yuv4mpeg output
driver in conjunction with mjpegtools for transcoding/reprocessing.

But, since you're using mencoder, what I posted is of little help. :)

Brett.