[MPlayer-users] libmpeg2 + xvideo = bad picture ?

Mohammed Sameer Uniball at gmx.net
Mon Mar 10 17:43:21 CET 2003

Once upon a time GS Hunt wrote @ 11 Mar 2003 20:32:24 -0500

> On Sun, 2003-03-09 at 11:54, Mohammed Sameer wrote:
> > ----
> >

> > Hi all,
> > I'm having a problem with mplayer after upgrading xfree to 4.3 "using
> > the binary tarballs from xfree86.org" on debian woody + mplayer 0.9rc4
> >
> > the video suffers from lines around the objects in the movie "i couldn't get a screen shot for it"
> > i think it's mainly a problem with libmpeg2
> >

> I'm running XFREE 4.3 *compiled from source* seems to work great with
> 0.9rc4. w/ Mandrake 9.1
>
> Perhaps you could attach a link to one of the videos to see if it the
> problem replicates on my system.
>
> Besides that... if you feel daring... compile XFREE4.3 from source
>
> Best of luck
>
> Gary Hunt

Thanks for replying,
It seems that the problem is with both libmpg2 & ffmpeg decoders
I've used "-vo mpegpes" to get the first few seconds, cause i'm using dialup
http://www.geocities.com/uniball13/tmp/grab.mpg

I think i can compile from source, but i don't have neither time nor enough room for it now ;)
anyway i tried the debian packages but no use