[MPlayer-users] Color/quality/blotchy issue...

spowers at inland.k12.mi.us spowers at inland.k12.mi.us
Mon Mar 10 16:24:40 CET 2003

>  When I installed RedHat 8.0, I had to add this line
>to my /etc/X11/XFree86Config file to use 24 bit color
>rather than 8 bit:
>
>DefaultDepth 24
>
>  This line should go inside the Section "Screen" section.
>
>  Hope this helps.

Unfortunately, I already have that line.

I've been playing with options, trying to get the picture right.  I'm not
entirely clear on some of the -vop options, so I've just been trying them
randomly.  If I use -vop palette, the picture improves in the color area,
but it appears like it's painted on canvas.  (strange crisscross lines in
the video, almost like it's had a photoshop canvas filter applied...)

I can't seem to find any specific documentation on the the options
regarding palettes, etc.  Some of them even say "finish documenting" in
the man page.  I am going to keep trying, but I sure wonder why it worked
before!

Thank you for any other ideas you may have...
-Shawn