[MPlayer-users] mencoderproblem

Rob Snow lists at dympna.com
Sat Mar 8 20:19:42 CET 2003

I've run into a similar problem trying to get my MythTV files into a usable
format for my father and other family members (Windows users).  I am able to
create a file with mencoder (with the mpg4/nuv patch) with all sorts of
options (ovc copy,divx4,lavc,etc.) but almost none of them play under WMP
8/9 on XP unless I also reencode the audio with the video (ovc lavc oac
mp3lame)

I've tried all sorts of options and combinations with only the one above
working to make something that WMP 8/9 can use.  This is with cobinations of
Divx4, Divx5, Xvid, ffdshow as codecs.  I get a notice from GSpot that the
codecs are installed for the audio/video streams but down at the bottom it
fails out saying there is a problem with one of the streams.  Very
reproducible.

-Rob

On Fri, 7 Mar 2003 15:21:22 +0000, Hans Meine wrote