[MPlayer-users] A/V sync in Animatrix 1 w/ patched mplayer?

Brett Kosinski brettk at interdynamix.com
Thu Mar 6 21:22:28 CET 2003

Does anyone know the source of the A/V sync problems that exist with the
first Animatrix movie (The Second Renaissance p1), using the hack/patch
that A'rpi posted on the list some time ago?

The reason I ask is that I'm trying to transcode the movie into a nice,
standard MPEG1 video, but for some reason, even the transcoded version has
audio sync problems... in fact, it looks/sounds the same as the original
QT version.  My only guess is that the framerate of the original movie is
variable, but for some reason, mplayer is reporting a relatively constant
frame duration, equivalent to ~24 FPS, from the demuxer (I inserted a few
debug statements here and there to verify this).  Is it possible that
mplayer is mis-parsing the frame duration from the QT stream?

BTW, this is with an mplayer to which I've added a switch to disable
mplayer's optimization of not blitting duplicate frames (an obvious
problem if you're transcoding).  So I know the frames mplayer is decoding
are coming out in their entirety.

Brett.