[MPlayer-users] no picture

Joonas Koivunen rzei at mbnet.fi
Wed Mar 5 23:48:09 CET 2003

ok, next part is (which i forgot in the last mail) is to send all the output
mplayer -v /path/path/file.avi gives you here, see the -v meaning for mplayer
to be more verbose..
you don't answer to question 4. unless you not installing a gui is the answer.
if that's the case, try running mplayer with option -vo vesa or vidix
perhaps? dunno why those weren't tried automagically.. or then some else that
doesn't rely on X (e.g. xv, x11, xvidix, dga...).. can't remember those..
if not any of non-X11 vo's work, i suggest you to install aalib or something
like that to get ansi graphics perhaps :) you might need sdl too, can't
really remember..

-rzei