[MPlayer-users] Re-dubbing a DVD using mencoder

William R Sowerbutts will at sowerbutts.com
Wed Mar 5 15:25:35 CET 2003

Hi all,

I have a DVD where I'd like to replace the soundtrack of part of the movie. I
want to select out the relevant section of the movie (about 25 minutes long)
and replace the audio track with something taken from a CD. I want maximum
quality so I'd like to include the audio stream as raw PCM and leave the
already-compressed video stream untouched. I also want to be able to adjust
the synchronisation of the two until they are precisely matched -- but in a
worst-case scenario I can always pad the start of the audio track with an
appropriate amount of silence. The new audio stream is 44.1KHz as opposed to
the existing 48KHz audio track; presumably this won't be any trouble?

The question is: how do I do this using mencoder? Any tips?

Thanks!

Will

William R Sowerbutts                                  will at sowerbutts.com
Coder / Guru / Nrrrd                                http://sowerbutts.com
         main(){char*s=">#=0> ^#X@#@^7=",c=0,m;for(;c<15;c++)for
         (m=-1;m<7;putchar(m++/6&c%3/2?10:s[c]-31&1<<m?42:32));}