[MPlayer-users] multiple files - lottery?

Robert Rohatensky mp_rohar at t-l-a.com
Tue Mar 4 18:21:39 CET 2003

I didn't have any problem with 24 bit color encoding .jpg files. JPEG
(JFIF) is either 24 bit color or grayscale. There is no 8 bit paletized
format.

I don't think the problem is mencoder. If I understand right, it uses
libjpeg to read jpeg, tga and libpng to read png formats. I wasn't able to
encode from 24 bit .tga (q3 screendumps), but after converting them to
.jpg, all was good.

Here is a small sample of an RTCW demo encoded with mencoder:

http://www.t-l-a.com/downloads/abm_pray3.avi

and a higher res one:

http://www.t-l-a.com/downloads/dp_squish.avi

They were both done by converting the 24 bit .tga to .jpg (24 bit) and
then encoding with mencoder. I couldn't get it to not crash directly on
the .tga files.