[MPlayer-users] multiple files - lottery?

Robert Rohatensky mp_rohar at t-l-a.com
Tue Mar 4 16:12:07 CET 2003

In my experience, which was encoding .tga dumps from rtcw (quake3 engine),
converting all the still images to JPEG first was easier that dealing with
all the segfaults using other formats. I have had very good results and
stability with libjpeg encoding. I was never able to get targa files to
not segfault. I didn't try png.

I just used convert in a bash script on the dir of images and then encoded
the jpegs.

#!/bin/sh
for foo in *.tga;
 do
  echo $foo;
  convert $foo -gamma 2 -geometry 640x480 `basename $foo .jpg`.jpg;
done

It was way easier to do this on the still images and have a consistant
input format before trying to encode with mencoder. It was also easier to
scale and adjust on the still images than to screw with mencoder. I just
used the sample .jpg encoding commandline from the manual and had no
problems.