[MPlayer-users] two cents: why dvdnav is needed

Roberto De Leo deleo at unica.it
Mon Mar 3 19:21:53 CET 2003

>>While it is perfectly fine that MPlayer developers have no intention of
>>currently implementing them, it would show more brightness from you if
>>you would stop considering silly the people that asks for dvd nav
>>support, at least until you are able to suggest some valid alternative
>>

>Run through all the titles. Make a list of what's what on a little
>piece of paper. Stick it in the DVD box. Be happy. :))

I hope you realize how long this may take for certain DVDs, but yes, you
are right: alternative solutions exist, even though they may be quite
boring and very time expensive.
If/when I'll find the time, I'll definitely try to see if I can do
something for the dvdnav code [even though I'm pretty bad at it].
Cheers,
 Roberto