[MPlayer-users] MPlayer Slower Than Windows Media Player !!

Roberto De Leo deleo at unica.it
Sun Mar 2 18:50:56 CET 2003

>Try using -framedrop. From what I understand, WMP silently drops
>frames without telling the user to maintain A/V sync, so it looks like
>it's faster. But actually you're missing lots of frames... A Cyrix 233
>is definitely not fast enough to play medium- to high-resolution
>movies without dropping frames.

Hi,
sorry for the not-strictly-on-thread-topic-message, but reading your
message I realized it is not clear from the mplayer man page whether
using  the "-framedrop" option when it is not strictly necessary can
"harm" the playback quality or not.
Any hint would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
 Roberto