[MPlayer-users] segfault while trying to telecine
D Richard Felker III
dalias at aerifal.cx
Sun Mar 2 02:32:53 CET 2003
On Sat, Mar 01, 2003 at 05:39:31PM -0500, mplayer at interlinx.bc.ca wrote:
> [Automatic answer: RTFM (read DOCS, FAQ), also read DOCS/bugreports.html]
> Well, some experimentation later, I have discovered that whatever is
> causing this segfault, it's the same one as Richard mentions in this
> Adding the scale filter to the filter chain when using telecine seems
> to correct (or rather, work around) that segfault.
> So now on to the results I got. I am trying to telecine this file:
> The resulting file only seemed to have the left half of the picture
> telecined. The right half remained progressive.
> When I tried -ofps 29.97 on the mencoder command line, I got a 29.97
> fps file, but it had 6 frames out of 4, not 5. The first 3
> progressive frames, then two interlaced frames, then 1 more
> progressive frame (not sure which one it was, but I can figure that
> out if necessary) then back to the 3 progressive followed by 2
> interlaced, and so on.
> I suspected that the extra frame is a duplication because mencoder
> detected that I requested an output fps that was 20% higher than the
> input fps, but didn't account for the extrac frame that vf_telecine
> was creating.
Right. If you had RTFM'd, you would have seen that you also have to
use -fps 29.97. However, I'm not sure if this is even possible with
variable-fps formats like quicktime... You might have to put the movie
in an avi container first with -ovc copy -oac copy, then do the
This is all pretty much of a hack until mplayer/mencoder actually has
proper support for changing fps in the filter layer...
More information about the MPlayer-users