[MPlayer-users] detc not working

mplayer at interlinx.bc.ca mplayer at interlinx.bc.ca
Sat Mar 1 01:50:07 CET 2003

On Fri, Feb 28, 2003 at 04:27:43PM -0500, D Richard Felker III wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 28, 2003 at 04:10:38PM -0500, Brian J. Murrell wrote:
> >
> > [ offlist until there is something people will be even remotely
> > interested in reading about... ]
>
> ALWAYS keep mplayer mail on list!!!

Well, sure.  I dont' care where I reply but I thought I would save the
rest from the chit-chat and just followup with an answer.  But
whatever, it don't matter to me.

> Hmm, this file is very weird.

Yeah?  Funny thing is I have some broadcast television which does not
seem to want to "detc" either.  Same effect.  2 good frames, 2
interlaced frames...

> I'm trying to figure out what's been
> done. It looks like a weird/broken/nonstandard sort of telecine...

:-)

On Fri, Feb 28, 2003 at 04:45:48PM -0500, D Richard Felker III wrote:

> BTW, this looks like an SVCD...

Indeed it does.  It's been sized to fit a CD so you are most probably
correct.  My guess is that it was "hard" telecined by whatever
software ripped it from the DVD.

> Have you tried playing it on a
> hardware player connected to a TV?

Nope.  My DVD player doesn't do SVCD.  Just VCD.  I have played it to
television via MPlayer and DirectFB with my G400 (which preserves
interlacing) and it looks alright.

> I imagine it will look REALLY bad,

It was juddery but I just chalked that up to a weak CPU.

> since the telecine seems to be done backwards (pretending the bottom
> frame comes before the top one).

Interesting.

> BTW, the following command line plays
> it mostly right, at least with a few changes I've made to detc:
>
> mplayer -vop flip,scale,detc,flip ...

Any plans to make detc detect and deal with this anomoly?  In CVS yet?
I just did an update and it didn't touch vf_detc.c.

> The scale filter is just there to prevent a segfault. :)

Nice.  :-)

b.

--
Brian J. Murrell