[MPlayer-users] mplayer verses mencoder video problems trying to convert

Stuart Hodges listclient at twotails.org
Mon Jun 30 23:58:25 CEST 2003

Hi,

        I have video captured by GATOS that I'm using MJPEGTOOLS to convert.

        When I use mplayer to split out the output into audio and video the
video and
audio is fine, however if there are any discontinuity's in the video and
audio sync, it does not handle them and the video and audio get out of sync.

        If I use mencoder to get the video into a state that MJPEGTOOLS can
handle
it, the sync is file even over bad discontinuities, but the video quality is
very bad and I get very bad flickery effects when playing back on the DVD
(via TV), playing back using mplayer on the computer is fine.

        The commands I am using are:

mencoder -o /tmp/title2.avi -ofps 30 -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mjpeg:vhq -oac
pcm /tmp/cutfile.1.mpg
lav2yuv /tmp/title2.avi | yuvdenoise  | /multimedia/raw/scriptfiles/yuvfps  -c
-r 30000:1001 | yuvscaler -O SIZE_720x480 | mpeg2enc -z b -F4 -f 8 -q 5 -4 1
-2 1 -P -N -o /tmp/video.1.m2v

(I have to do the -ofps otherwise its not understood b lav2yuv)

mplayer -vo yuv4mpeg -ao pcm cutfile.1.mpg
cat stream.yuv | yuvdenoise | /multimedia/raw/scriptfiles/yuvfps  -r 30:1 |
yuvscaler -O SIZE_720x480 | mpeg2enc -F4 -f 8 -q 5 -4 1 -2 1 -P -N -o
mplayer.m2v

I have tried all the options on the MJPEG HOWTO for this sort of thing,

 -T BOTT_FORWARD/TOP_FORWARD, -T LINE_SWITCH. , -z b|t If they do anything
they only make things worse.

Any ideas ?

Thanks,

        Stuart