[MPlayer-users] using divx4 codec

Dominik Mierzejewski dominik at rangers.eu.org
Fri Jun 27 16:13:14 CEST 2003

On Friday, 27 June 2003, Linards Ticmanis wrote:
> David Hlá?ik wrote:
>
> > Hi, i am trying to use divx4 ... divxdecode.so from DivX networks DivX505
> > codec for linux. I am typin mplayer -vc divx4 movie.avi ... but i get
> error
> > ... and only sound plays.
> > I hav divxdecode.so in /usr/local/lib ....
> > Where is problem?
> > Can you help me?
>
> Try
>
> ldd $(which mplayer)
>
> and make sure that mplayer isn't linked to an older library in some
> other directory.

Exactly. Also I think the library name is libdivxdecore and libdivxencore.
And there were some incompatibilites with the latest DivX (5.0.4+?).
You're better off without it. Just use the built-in libavcodec.

> Also "an error" is not too concrete, please tell exactly which error.

You mean "specific". "Concrete" means "cement" or "certain" in English
despite its being similar to a word in German. :)

--
MPlayer RPMs maintainer: http://www.piorunek.pl/~dominik/linux/pkgs/mplayer/