[MPlayer-users] Positioning subtitles

Alex Somesan alexsmsn at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 27 13:30:33 CEST 2003

Rather off-topic:

I understand that the Xv context which mplayer uses to
display the movie is limited to the same area and
aspect as the frame size of the stream, but I'm
curious (as am not an experienced X developer) if
there is a way to address the rest of the screen while
playing the movie unsing plain Xlib functions (does it
have a windows ID or something) so that subtitles cand
be rendered there?